What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe.
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
There are many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
If you have been sick, have a temperature, or had any symptoms we ask that you stay home. If you are in an at risk group, please wait to return.
- Masks are required to enter the office and while in public areas.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- We ask that a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
Payment arrangements in advance available to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- UVC lighting to kill virus.
- Ambient air management with hospital grade air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with Bi-Polar Ionization. These units are installed in each air handler to clean air and kill Mold, Bacteria, and Viruses without the use of ozone.
- Industrial true HEPA air scrubber designed to remove 99.97% of aerosol particles down to 0.3 microns. Used to provide negative pressure as used in hospital operating rooms.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments.
- Daily use of fine partial fogger to dispense HOCL in every nook and crevasse as well as kill airborne particles.
- We have installed our own HOCL disinfectant generator to provide fresh solution daily to disinfect surfaces. HOCL used with wiping down surfaces and fogging of entire office. Recent studies have shown that HOCL is 70-80 times more effective than bleach at killing viruses and bacteria. Unlike other disinfectant it is safe if inhaled and for use around food. The draw back for use is a two day shelf life, which why we invested in our own generator to make fresh solutions throughout the day.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards,
telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.